The Hume Men’s Shed – Craigieburn is a community-based, non-profit, non-denominational, non-commercial organisation that is accessible to all men through membership of all ages and social backgrounds within the City of Hume.
The shed’s role is to offer the means for members to meet build friendships and camaraderie between members and enable affirmative interaction with other City of Hume residents and communities through participation in meaningful projects, programs and activities.
Our Shed is comprised of members from all backgrounds with ranging life experiences and skills, including migrant males, males with mental illness, males with disabilities including wheelchair bound, males who are employed and un-employed, males who are socially disadvantaged, and males who are very able, proactive and community minded.
Any income generated from various projects and activities is to cover the shed’s running cost and to enable the shed to make environmental improvements and run various programs for our growing membership.
- Is to providing a safe and happy environment.
- Is to advance the health and well-being of our members
- Is to promote & encourage healthy living for men, supported by presentation from external health professionals.
- Is to provide opportunities to learn new skills like computers and program utilization, cooking for men without partners etc.
- Is to harness and share our skills, experiences and resources for the mutual benefit of all.
- Is to be able to pursue hobbies, pastimes and interests.
- Is to contribute to the wider community through specific projects and activities.
- Is to encourage maximum participation by all members.
- Is to expand and further improve our current facility to enable a wider variety of skills based involvement and social experiences.
- Cooking meals and sharing them together.
- Landscaping and vegetable gardening.
- Large commissioned/contracted workshop projects based on your instructions we design, quote and make. (Salvation Army, City of Hume, Mary Mackillop Centre, CFA, various Primary & Secondary Schools, retirement village etc.).
- Making educational aids and toys for schools and kinders.
- Repair and refurbish toys for schools and kinders.
- Members can work on their own projects.
- In-house and external training for specific skills.
- Fund Raising, e.g. Sausage Sizzles, breakfasts, BBQ, Toys and handcraft items sales.
- Community Odd jobs and basic maintenance.
- Bi monthly newsletter.